Friday, December 11, 2015

The #DanceForHappiness with Madhuri Dixit Nene!

Yet again, destiny brought me face to face with the person I adore the most in this industry - Madhuri Dixit Nene! - This time as a part of a contest - #DanceForHappiness organised by Tata Sky on their social media portals.

Being an enthusiast, I thought why not give it a try since there was no norm that I had to dance to be eligible ! Here's what my entry was like! :

The entry was liked by many Madhurian's around, shared, RT'd a lot....& eventually made me win the Golden chance to meet Madhuri Ma'am again! 

Reached the venue much before the actual time and amidst the set up going on I waited for the actual moment when I would be face to face with Madhuri Ma'am yet again! 4  LCD Monitors at the entry showcased my name as one of the winners, highlighting my entry. I could see entries of lot of other Madhuri fans I knew. A special mention to the super duper amazing Tata Sky's social media team which included Jennifer, Arjun and Dilpreeta primarily, who left no stone unturned to make me feel at ease and comfortable at the event.  I have won contests in the past but at times what you remember the most is how someone made you feel and this team made me feel really like a star who has won the privilege to meet a Diva! Take a bow Team Tata Sky! 

Once the other two winners, viz, Mr. Kamal from Jaipur , and Shristi from Mumbai ( who is already a dancer- was a contestant in DID 4! ) reached the venue, we were asked to give few bytes on video about how we felt at that point about the contest and meet that was going to happen!

We were made to sit on the sofa right next to the VIP's of the event. That was in itself overwhelming. As the show began, all 3 of us waited for the moment to arrive when we would get to go on the stage and meet Madhuri Dixit. This was NOT THE FIRST TIME I was meeting her.However, my heartbeats were equally as fast as they be at any Madhuri meets I have experienced in the past! 

Manish Paul, who has been my favorite anchor on Jhalak, was hosting the show. It was amazing to see his Pallu prem with Madhuri ma'am post she entered!  It was indeed a treat to watch them dance together- reminded me of the good old Jhalak days where I used to love MD and Manish's talks throughout the show!

Dressed in an amazing Yellow Salwar kameez, with her hair well tied MDN made a graceful entry. Seconds before her actual entry I had already seen her pic in the outfit as she posted it on Twitter! As she spoke about Tata Sky Dance Studios, I kept staring at her , waiting for my chance to go up there and talk to her. For a glimpse she looked at me sitting right on the front sofa & flashed that million-dollar-smile , which was enough to make me go shiver - WELL YEAH...YET AGAIN!

As Manish announced our names, we were asked to go on the stage and collect our HUGE CERTIFICATES, signed by Madhuri Ma'am and Pallavi Puri - the head of Tata Sky. She saw me on the stage and gave that  "oh-I-know-you " expression!  Haaye.....I wanted to tell her I have finished the Ek do teen counting and this was my 13th meet with her...And she still left me equally as enchanted!
We posed for the shutterbugs with the certificate. Once that was done, Manish announced that we could now go down. In my mind I thought- That's it?  I somehow gathered courage to ask Madhuri ma'am before I was leaving the stage -
" Ma'am can we not get to learn a step from you? ".  She instantly looked at Manish and said ... "Manish inko step sikhna hai...! " . Did I know what I was doing?  I AM COMPLETE NON-DANCER & I WANTED TO LEARN A DANCE STEP FROM MD - IT MEAN'T I HAD TO DANCE ON STAGE WITH HER ! The last I must've danced would have been after a lot of zabardasti by my best friend at my MBA Farewell- I am an absolute anti-social and non-party type person! She quickly handed over a mike in my hand and said please request me on mike! Trust me when the mike was in my hand, I wanted to say sooo much...soo much that I have never said in my last 12 meets..which included what Madhuri Dixit Nene meant to us fans with me representing all the Twitter Fanclubs - But all I said was "Can you please teach us a dance step? " :/   Maybe another Madhurian getting this chance of speaking on mike being next to Madhuri ma'am would make most of the chance- I am an idiot not to! Kya karun yaar...I always go lost whenever I meet her!

 I was very very apprehensive  after she agreed to teach the dance step! Infact I even told her- Ma'am I dont know anything! She was like - " Stay calm . Just follow me! " . Well I tried but I was too mesmerised by her magic to get any of the steps right! At a point I stopped, folded my hands and was just looking at how amazingly someone could dance! She had a smile throughout the act! It was not that I wanted the music to stop , nor was it that I wanted to do the dance! - as paradoxic as it sounds, that was the state of my mind.
But ,somewhere within I thought - Dancing is synonymous to Madhuri Dixit Nene and being her fan I need to respect that.  Maybe one fine day soon in the times to come, I would try to learn dancing - only for her! Dancing with Madhuri on the stage in front of the media is an experience I would never ever forget even though I am highly embarrassed with the way I am dancing when I look at the videos . Anyway, atleast I tried! It takes a lotsss of courage to be sporting enough to dance for an introvert and I am glad I asked her for teaching those steps!

I can now say to the world - I HAVE DANCED WITH MADHURI DIXIT -well dance kaisa bhi ho, she taught me, and that's what mattered! I promise maybe in few years when things in my personal life settle down, I would pukka try and learn dancing that too from DWM ! ;) I decided this only after I danced with her!

Look at me in this picture- You would know how lost I was!!!!!!!
After the event was over, I wanted to meet her again and atleast ask for a selfie - I HAVE NEVER HAD A SELFIE WITH HER- In none of those 12 previous meets!  She readily agreed and I quickly gave my phone in her hand and said you know I shiver so can you please click it? She took the phone and was checking the right light. We turned around- SHE CLICKED IT and gave the phone in my hand & left for her interviews. & Whoa! what do I see......! NONE OF THE TWO SELFIES HAD GOT SAVED ! :/ 2 AMAZING SELFIES CLICKED BY MADHURI DIXIT NENE ON MY PHONE DID NOT SAVE!!!!!! Enough reason for me to sue HTC ? I didn't know what to do then! I decided to wait until her interviews ended. Maybe I would get to meet her one more time after it ?
Waiting for almost an hour I somewhere in my mind knew that maybe I would get another moment with the diva if she sees me. What even a minute of conversation with her means to us fans is best known only to us!  -  No non-MD fan can ever understand this!

Zoom tv reporters had lined up an interview with MD and Doc which was supposed to be on the X'mas theme. Coincidentally,I had a small caricatured card for them which I was carrying. I suggested the reporter to incorporate it in her interview and she readily agreed. Once they saw the card in the interview, the reporter pointed out at me saying I was the one who created it.Looking around at me, MD told her "Ohh Him....! That's Nitesh!!! "

Post the interview, since both  Doc and MD had noticed me, they made it  a point to speak to me since I was around. Both congratulated & thanked me for coming. I told MD about the unsaved selfies and she sweetly said " Ohh okk chalo lets take another pic! " . If she wanted, she could refuse for the pic - I have met her 12 times before- that was a reason enough. But she didn't ...Just because...she is Madhuri Dixit Nene - :- )

This #DanceForHappiness event would remain indelible to me all my life as I did something that I couldn't dare even dreaming of- Danced with Madhuri Dixit! I am not the best dancer around...But I am a huge Madhuri fan..and would remain one forever...!  Ending on this note with just one request to MD  which I even screamed about when she was leaving  : "PLEASE DO A MOVIE! "...That would make us not just Dance for Happiness but also keep our smiles intact throughout! ;)


2 comments: