Thursday, July 5, 2012

A 'Jhalak' To Die For!

'Dance is a form of expression given to man just as speech, philosophy, painting or music.'

To me, Dancing is synonymous to Madhuri Dixit. Bollywood has never witnessed a better dancer,in my opinion. When anyone talks about Madhuri's dance, the first glimpse I behold in my mind, is her Kathak dance from Dil To Pagal Hai. It has been stored within my memory cells ever since I first saw it in DTPH! There surely is something beyond description in that act, which leaves me enchanted, every time I see it. 



 Not even in dreams, had I ever imagined, that one fine day, in near future, I would get to see Madhuri Dixit perform those same steps, live, on the sets of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa!

She wore a completely white, simple and elegant salwar kameez alongwith a pair of ghungroos in her legs with her hair tied up,when she came on the stage, before the 'Step of the week' segment began for the show. 
The director was guiding her about where the lights would be and how the performance would actually be taking place. 
Madhuri was very enthusiastic about the entire dance sequence. She practiced her steps with utter dedication, even at the  time, when the clock had struck 23:00 !  The audience kept  cheering her all the while she practiced!Everyone was excited...Who wouldn't be!They were watching the dancing diva groove to those steps LIVE!!How  luckier could one get?- And ,yeah, I was one among those in that audience, sitting and cheering for her performance.


Soon after some rehearsals, it was time for the final performance. As soon as the performance began, watching her dance to that DTPH Music piece, I was taken back to the 1997's, reminding me of her that dance!The way she travelled from one spotlight to another while performing the steps was beyond perfection!. I was overwhelmed to see her dance live for the first time in my life and that too, to my favorite dance number from DTPH!
Watch those steps this Sunday, 8th July,2012 on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa at 9 p.m only on COLORS to believe Me- Madhuri Dixit  hasn't aged a single bit in dancing , not in the past 15 years atleast!!!!..and, I bet, she never would!

THE WORLD WOULD REMEMBER THIS DIVA's DANCING, FOR 1000's OF YEARS TO COME!!!..THERE ISN'T A BETTER DANCER IN THIS UNIVERSE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful article nitesh .... Wat a command.reading each word was like watching her performance live. I completely agree to you