Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Truly Indelible Kahaani !

To begin with,am not an avid daily soap centric person.Infact, the only daily soap I watch with interest is Kumkum-Pyaara Sa Bandhan all thanks to my fanatism for Juhi Parmar in it.Inspite of not watching 'Kahaani' on a routine basis, there is something which has created an inbuilt relationship between me as a viewer and the show.A strange inexplicable....{well,rather explicable} bond links me to this show.Its the bond of childhood.

I remember watching Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki 8 years back on the 16th Of October,2000 sitting with my whole family near the old dabba or rather a laymen's TV set...and today after 8 years...The show is at the same place...still entertaining us.....while my life has gone under drastic changes.8 years back I wasnt the same Nitesh R Shahani that I am now.It was a cute 9 to 10 year lad watching Parvati enter the home by breaking the kalash{thats the most vivid memory I have of the show!} while its me now who's well, nearing my adulthood , that I still see the face of this bahu enchant the TV Screens!..What better achievement than this! The show undoubtedly belonged to Saakshi Tanwar.....She ruled the show...as the main protagonist Parvati Om Agarwal. I can assure you that it was Parvati's simplicity,cohesiveness and coexistance in her character that attracted the viewers to stick to their TV screens.Her persona was a paradigm of human emotions personified....Soo matured yet so innocent!...

I very well remember watching few such episodes from this show which have surely left an indelible mark on me as well as my thinking.Who can forget those glorious words remarked more than once on the show:"Jab tak sab kuch theek nahi ho jaata, Anth nahi hota" or even the elaborate sequences of surrender of Evil over Good.

As great philosophers say, "All good things must come to an end!" and so is this show but the mark that this show has left on its every viewer in past 8 years is not erasable.It will be a show that will be remembered whenever any actor of the show is in the spotlight..

Hats off to Kahaani....!:)

No comments: